Laboratory Processing Supervisor
Company: BioReference Laboratories
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are looking for a Specimen Processing Supervisor (40 hours
per week) in our Burbank,CA location.
Responsible for the overseeing following activities: training of
all personnel, all daily operations of Specimen Processing, Ensure
all Compliance Policies are followed, low error rate, and
productivity within company standards. Ensure maintenance of a
safe, ergonomically sound, professional environment.
- Responsible for managing daily operations of departments
- Oversee safety, ergonomics, maintenance, and cleanliness of
department (including upgrades, repairs, etc)
- Oversee implementation of SOPs for Specimen Processing in
accordance with company policy
- Oversee/Ensure all processing documentation is complete and
reviewed as required.
- Ensure Specimen workflow from logistics meets the needs of the
- Monitor Special Handling of identified Clients, to ensure
irreplaceable patient samples are not mishandled
- Must be able to establish a positive work environment that
actively encourages and supports employee involvement.
- Hold regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Track/enter time/attendance of employees.
- Prepare month-end reports.
- Investigates/resolves and responds to client complaints.
- Monitor schedules to ensure minimal overtime for
- Identify, develop and implement process improvement plans.
- Responsible to ensure company Policies are followed.
- Responsible for training and development of staff.
- Monitor on-going performance of employees; provide corrective
action and counseling as required.
- Effectively work with internal departments to resolve problems.
Must have interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with other
departments, and foster continuous improvements.
- Any/All other projects as assigned by management.
- College Degree Preferred but not required
- At least two years supervisory experience in fast paced
clinical lab setting
- Computer skills, MS Office applications
- Medical or production background preferred.
- The ability to effectively work with internal departments to
resolve problems. Must have interpersonal skills and foster
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements,
weekends, and holidays, on call and long hours.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, and
interpersonal skills, and is able to manage client and employee
concerns in a professional manner.
- Exercise consistent sound judgment.
- Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume
- Able to organize projects within the processing department and
with cross functional departments.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: BioReference Laboratories, Burbank , Laboratory Processing Supervisor, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!