Company: Madison Square Garden, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is
a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or
hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues:
New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square
Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; and The Chicago
Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art
venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced
plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary
approvals. In addition, the Company features the original
production - the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City
Rockettes - and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston
Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella
is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife
brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and
Cathdrale. More information is available at
MSG is looking for an in-house Line Producer to be a lead
producing experiences at an end to end scale from capture through
post for the newly created MSG Sphere Studios in Burbank. As the
creative content shop for the MSG Sphere projects, we strive for
the best content creation, delivering content that has never been
witnessed before on displays that have never been seen in this
scale. The Line Producer is responsible for ensuring that all
productions commissioned by MSG are fully supported both
creatively, operationally, and financially. This senior management
role covers all production within the studio; including
attractions, immersive shows, residencies, and corporate events to
name a few. Reporting to the VP Production and working closely with
the heads of Creative Development, Capture and Post/Pipeline, the
candidate must demonstrate, real world production leadership
experience. The ideal candidate has a unique blend of live action
feature film, large format, high end music videos, immersive
theatrical experiences, VFX, and digital media production with a
proven track record of managing successful production & post
production necessary to complete the visual and technically complex
content for Sphere. This role requires a deep understanding of
digital and post-production processes, including plate
reconstruction, VFX and playback systems. The ideal candidate will
be well versed in large format, VR, cinema, and/or super
high-resolution production. They will be responsible for the build
out of production operations and production management processes of
the studio to serve the creative production needs for Sphere
productions. They will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day
production management of multiple shows produced both internally
(and externally), including reporting and managing casting to final
show mastering. This is a role for a super organized Producer's
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Oversee line production from greenlight to post-production
mastering including production scope, schedules, estimates, and
technical needs for MSG Sphere content creation
- Support the VP of Production establishing a production office
including line producing responsibilities, post producing,
production management, resource management, budgeting and
- The right candidate will have exceptional line producing
experience end to end - live thru post.
- Participate in the setup of the production office with
streamlined processes and templating:
- Casting and Crewing
- Payroll and Accounting - reconciliation
- Location scouting
- Pre, Shoot, Post-production management.
- Act as a key producer in the Exploration and Learning stages of
- Cast, crew, schedule, budget, and oversee live action
productions both on location and in studio.
- Liaise with the Creative and Technical departments to ensure
that your crew needs are met
- Collaborate regularly with creative, production and technical
teammates, and NY senior management.
- Identify and implement the best in class Production Management
tool seta to manage shoots and productions.
- Maintain relationships with external vendors ensuring all
deliverables are met.
- Manage post scope for all other related filming such as behind
the scenes, trailers, external Sphere content, marketing, promo
videos, content library and portals.
- Drive process and template the work needed to stand up a
production office - to include but not limited to; budgets, call
sheets, shot lists, DOOD, crew lists, location check lists, post
check lists etc.
- What will it take? A unicorn of unicorns with a diversified
portfolio of experience in both live action production,
post-production, and a deep passion to explore the new medium of
Sphere, while advancing production processes, with subject matter
expertise across the board.
- Domestic and international location and studio production
experience with large budget productions.
- Previous experience in the cinema industry fluent line
- Previous show runner and production office establishment
- 10+ years of experience production live action studio and
location based large productions.
- 10+ years of experience in a digital facility, working in
- Experience with large format/CG/360 content creation
- Superb organizational skills with ability to create executive
presentations, budget summaries, production plans, multi-project
- A confident, professional, and persuasive communication style
with senior leaders and teammembers
- A passion for creative problem-solving and strategic
- Ability to remain flexible and calm in high-pressure situations
and adjust as multiple movingparts consistently change
- Experience with attaining film production tax credits and
incentives within the state of California and other locations.
- Permitting fluency, a must.
- Role will require some travel to locations via air &/or
vehicle, domestic and internationally, in order to assess and/or
supervise productions or areas of interest or improvements on
- Role will require some travel to/ from LA to NY for business
At the time of this posting, the MSG Sphere studio is operating
in accordance to local guidance on safe Covid-19 regulations. As
such, a remote work-from-home onboarding to MSG Sphere work is
likely. While the studio technology team will support remote work,
MSG is seeking applicants local to Los Angeles with the eventual
expectation of working on site in our Burbank location.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level
coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar
self-development through certifications, trade school coursework,
etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to
job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary
employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual
and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to
federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Keywords: Madison Square Garden, Inc., Burbank , Line Producer, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!