Medical Assistant I
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant I (Full-Time/Day
Shift) to Providence Medical Institute in Burbank, CA
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with
some additional questions from our Modern Hire screening and
We are seeking a Medical Assistant I who will perform duties as
directed to assist in providing basic patient care to assigned
patients. Basic patient care needs will be met though both
administrative and clinical duties. An MA I is expected to perform
in accordance with established policies, procedures, and
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and
record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as
height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as
appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform
required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, otic,
opthalmologic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including
combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or
perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate
to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results
(normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of
biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for
practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as
directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments,
referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies,
- Provide MA administrative and clinical support required to
deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit
platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions
and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor
and/or the safety hotline.
- Consistently meet skill based competency expectations
established for the organization.
- Actively participate in continuing education and
clinic/location staff meetings and/or trainings.
- Assist with emergencies as needed under the direction of a
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization and
serve as an ambassador for the organization when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED Or Graduate of accredited school for
medical assistants or alternate training program
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or
alternate training program
- Existing caregivers in the MA role as of 7/1/2021, will also
have 12 months to obtain their California state or National MA
certification as listed above.
- Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6
- Flexibility is a must; to meet the changing needs of the
patients and the various clinics.
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances,
instill trust in others while upholding the values of the
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and
verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with
colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
- Demonstrated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EHR use)
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to present professionally in all encounters and
maintain a respectful environment of cultural diversity.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple
tasks under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with peers, physicians and other staff members.
- Must possess basic knowledge of vaccinations, medications,
their use, to include brand and generic names related to the
- Must possess knowledge and use of basic medical terminology
related to role.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Active CA State MA certification or active national
certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
as a Medical Assistant
- 6 months Prior experience providing a high level of customer
service in a fast paced environment.
- 6 months Previous experience in a healthcare setting working
with an Electronic Health record (EHR).
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician
integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been
Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides
administrative and other support services to affiliated medical
groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow
significantly in the next several years, bringing with it
facilities, staff and physician growth to support that
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Burbank , Medical Assistant I, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!