User Experience Content Writer (Creative Technical Writing)
Company: Walt Disney Co.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This role is part of the Digital Workplace & User Experience
organization. Our mission is to enable the digital employee in
their day to day work through efficient delivery and integration of
common and secure platforms, products and devices that provide them
with an experience that supports responsible and efficient
collaboration and communication with partners.
On the Customer Success team, our customers are our employees
across the Walt Disney Company. While our larger organization
provides the tools to help employees get their jobs done, our team
provides the guidance and builds the relationships to help
employees transition to new tools and get the most out of them.
Experience using and writing about a wide variety of enterprise
tools - like Office 365, G Suite, Yammer, Slack, and Zoom is
required so you can learn the company and use cases, rather than
the tools, when you join the team.
The Knowledge Manager focuses on knowledge creation and strategy
for our internal knowledgebase: D Tools IT, but will also assist
with additional teamwork, such as customer support.
- Technical Writing - creating and publishing FAQs, how-to
articles, feature comparisons, descriptions for request forms and
other related content.
- Knowledge Strategy - maintain a bird's eye view of all content
in the knowledgebase, ensuring consistently in structure and tone,
accuracy of content, and recommendations for new and updated ways
to present information and track value.
- HTML and Image Support - Create images as needed for content;
partner with graphic designers to implement CSS styles; and
lightweight content editing in HTML when the WYSIWYG editor is
insufficient for some formatting changes.
- Reporting - Track article views, search terms, and other data
to make decisions on new or updated content.
- Managing Translations Process - ensure new and updated articles
are made available to international teams, and that translations
are made available in timely manner for product/service
- Monitoring Trends - Monitor reports from the IT service portal,
Help Desk team, and within internal social media to ensure top
questions are addressed and that the portal is user-focused rather
- Customer Support - Email, support channels, bugs, new feature
announcements, maintenance comms
- Upgrade Support - Provide feedback on new functionality and QA
support during upgrades of the knowledgebase tool itself.
3+ years of experience writing technical documentation and;
- 2-3 years of experience in customer facing communications or
relations role within a technology organization
- You have outstanding writing skills, but just as importantly,
you love working with people. You can partner with a technologist
and understand their technical jargon, but also put yourself in an
end user's shoes and write for their understanding. You have a gift
for injecting friendliness and even excitement into topics other
writers would consider dry or boring, and you're passionate about
helping others learn new things. You're good at building
relationships with others, and want to help them anyway you can:
whether that's writing an article, conducting an interview to
understand them better, or building a communications campaign to
reach people where they are.
- Ability to gather information from SMEs (service managers,
developers) to produce written documentation for business
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal skills; can turn complex
concepts into easy-to-understand resources
- Basic-to-intermediate experience with HTML 5 and CSS 3 for web
layout and design
- End-user change management planning and execution
- Flexible, versatile writing across different media types
- Customer empathy - ability to anticipate questions from a
diverse audience, and answer those questions in documentation
- Manage translations process - can communicate with
international teams and track progress and timeliness of work
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others
- Research/analysis skills - the ability to research audience,
technologies, industry trends
- Optimism/resilience - can remain positive during article review
Experience managing and updating knowledge in ServiceNow or
other ITSM platforms and;
- 3+ years of experience in IT Operations or IT Support in an
- Experience with multimedia formats such as infographics or
short videos is a plus
- Content authoring and web publishing with WordPress or other
modern web CMS platforms
- Intermediate-to-advanced experience with HTML 5 and CSS 3 for
web layout and design
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the
Company's powerful brands come together to create the most
innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the
world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with
world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt
Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be
seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest
storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of
families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and
affiliates, is a leading diversified international family
entertainment and media enterprise with the following business
segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment,
consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as
a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the
entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy
of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of
the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach
consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With
operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast
members work together to create entertainment experiences that are
both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is
part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected
veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or
local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and
decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best
stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now Apply Later
Keywords: Walt Disney Co., Burbank , User Experience Content Writer (Creative Technical Writing), Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!