PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the
Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we
launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a
global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The
PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Today is the day! Check out this posting for a Level Designer
focusing with insomniac Games. Our Designers develop designs for
layout, content, combat and systems for an assigned project, and
implements these designs in game. This includes taking designs
through pitch, concept, implementation, bug fixing, balance, and
polish phases. Sound interesting? Read on
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Create clear and concise, visually oriented design materials
that explain mechanics, systems, and features.
- Pitch and present designs to the team and department
- Develop and communicate layout, content, or system designs
through written documentation, visual design materials, and verbal
- Build basic level layout using in-house proprietary tools; work
with the Art team on how to evolve the design in order to meet each
disciplines goals and deadlines
- Implement gameplay and game structure through the use of an
in-house visual scripting tool; work with the Gameplay Programming
team to deliver content that meet each disciplines goals and
- Follow up with multiple departments on progress of missions or
features and updates the team as needed through various
- Address bugs and gameplay issues to assure a stable and
- Help assess the progress, quality and user friendliness of the
project via methods such as usability testing, focus tests and
in-house play tests
- Provides constructive feedback on all aspects of the product;
find opportunities to increase the quality of the product and
advise on how that information may be implemented, or held for
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or
university; or two to four years related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with level editing tools
and scripting (Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar editors).
- Intermediate knowledge of Maya or other major 3D modeling
- Adobe Illustrator experience and UE4 Blueprint scripting skills
are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Individual must have very good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills
Please submit your application and resume directly below. We
look forward to reviewing your submission.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability,
covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services,
sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or
membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers
to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples
of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the
application process or work procedures, providing documents in an
alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees
and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in
contacting us and we thank you for your interest in
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC'S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we
collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding
the personal information of all applicants to our job positions.
Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the
recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social
Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing
address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with
you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you
may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military
service information, or physical or mental health information, as
well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including
your past professional experience, references; background
verification; talent management and assessment; information
regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions
of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about
your education records, such as grades and transcripts.