Company: Deluxe Entertainment
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As the Editorial Manager, you will oversee English editors and
daily production with the primary focus of maintaining and
improving quality and capacity.
About the Team
The Editorial team is focused on creating English templates for
translation of subtitles, creating English subtitles and closed
captions for the hearing-impaired, and Quality Control (QC) of
English subtitles translated from other source languages.
With your knowledge of localization industry standards for media
& entertainment and sensitivity to viewer experience, you will
develop talent, identify and resolve process and training gaps, and
promote best practices that support on-time delivery and linguistic
quality. You will accomplish this by collaborating with global
Editorial management, leveraging technology, developing and
maintaining functional metrics, and building relationships with key
stakeholders throughout Deluxe's Localization Operations team,
including: Project Coordination, Scripting, Linguistic Quality,
Translator Management, Quality Programs, Client Services, Language
Services, Product, IT, HR Business Partners, and Talent
A Day in the Life of this position includes:
- Directing manager of English editors located in Canada and the
- Scheduling all North American production work.
- Maintaining an accurate picture of current capacity and future
capacity needs using available technology, including Deluxe's
cloud-based platform, Sfera, collaborative documents and Deluxe
client teams and resources.
- Addressing capacity needs through the targeted use of a
distributed workforce, leveraging freelancers, vendors, global
teams, and technology solutions.
- Collaborating with the global team management and Translator
Management team to establish and promote best practices for English
template creation, editing of translations into English and closed
- Collaborating with global team management to coordinate,
templatize, and operationalize plans to improve and streamline
processes and ensure consistent execution across the entire global
- Participate in onboarding new clients and workflows with global
team management and key stakeholders in the end-to-end production
- First point of escalation for English quality and capacity
concerns. Perform/delegate root cause analysis and propose and
implement preventive actions.
- With assistance from global team management, source, train, and
onboard freelance resources through collaboration with Talent
Acquisition, IT, and HR Business Partners.
- Supervising and execute/delegate all production-related Sfera
development scoping, documentation, and testing.
- Supervising and execute/delegate all production-related
training, leveraging production staff, Training teams, and
technology solutions to do this at scale.
What You Bring:
- BA/MA Degree in English, Communications, Journalism,
Translation, Localization Management or applicable equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in managing complex projects
- Experience with team supervision and training
- Exceptional communication skills across all levels (verbal,
- Experience with various localization workflows with emphasis on
subtitling for all media & entertainment distribution channels
- The ability to engage with and motivate culturally diverse,
distributed teams (listen, influence, lead)
- An attraction to applying deep critical thinking to difficult
- The ability to clearly communicate client expectations, project
requirements and goals
- The ability to identify risks and effectively manage activities
to minimize impact
- Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, independent learner
- Developing management and leadership skills
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program
including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave,
401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in
media and entertainment services for film, video and online
content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the
world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film
companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others,
offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution,
asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe,
the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals,
developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information,
please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment
where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves
to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities
to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be
discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized
protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or
ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable
accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities
Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is
a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on
Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need
assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the
Keywords: Deluxe Entertainment, Burbank , Editorial Manager, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!