Executive Vice President, BALA, Animation
Company: ViacomCBS Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one
entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global
business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand
includes television programming and production in the United States
and around the world, plus consumer products, digital,
location-based experiences, publishing and feature films.
Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are
trademarks of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Role and Responsibilities:
As an Attorney, do you love working within Animation? If so, our
SVP, Business and Legal Affairs opening at Nickelodeon could be an
ideal fit! You will serve principally as a senior business and
legal affairs executive for animated feature films and animated
series content for Nickelodeon Animation Studios. This fantastic
position will be located in Burbank, CA.
- Work as a senior member of the team of BALA lawyers, contract
managers and assistants based in Burbank who support Nick Animation
Studios development and production for animated feature films and
- Negotiate, structure and draft a high volume of complex,
high-profile creator/EP deals, co-productions, overall deals, and
- Provide high level, strategic business and legal affairs
guidance and support to the senior Nickelodeon animated development
and production team.
- Work cross-functionally with a broad range of departments
(Nickelodeon talent department, Labor & Employment Team, Production
Management and Litigation) to implement production legal policies
- Advise various departments for the network (Programming,
Production, Marketing and Promotion, Rights Management, etc.) in
connection with complex business and legal matters.
- Develop and build deal structures, parameters and templates and
- Grow and manage relationships with key managers, agencies and
attorneys in the entertainment community.
- JD and must be a member of the California Bar.
- Minimum of 18 years of transferable experience.
- High-level experience with animated feature films and/or
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and IP rights, as well
as a mastered capability for legal analysis and reasoning, is
- Desired candidate will have a detailed understanding of
entertainment industry customs and practices and possess proven
ability to effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers
and outside attorneys.
- Excellent knowledge of television industry agreements, guild
and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, Animation Guild, Local 839
I.A.T.S.E, WGA, DGA).
- Must be able to multi-task under pressure, handle a varied,
high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly and operate
autonomously within corporate parameters.
- Ability to build strong internal client relationships,
effectively advise senior-level executives under conditions of
uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong
client satisfaction through quick turnaround and firm
- The ideal candidate will be collaborative, positive and
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and
verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that
we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create
to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach
initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and
rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all.
ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you
are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers
as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable
accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to
email@example.com. Only messages left for this
purpose will be returned.
Keywords: ViacomCBS Inc., Burbank , Executive Vice President, BALA, Animation, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!