Clinical Laboratory Scientist (FT, 40 Hours) SAT-WED 11am-7:30pm
Company: BioReference Laboratories
Posted on: October 12, 2021
We have an opening for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
available in our state-of-the art facility. Learn about the exciting
changes we are making to further enhance our California operation,
including the expansion of our clinical laboratory, installation of
new hi-tech analyzers and the transformation of our Microbiology
department to meet the needs of a broader, more demanding client
Schedule: Saturday - Wednesday 11:00am -
The Clinical Laboratory Scientists are responsible for all
patient testing, related quality procedures including, but not
limited to specimen processing, test performance and reporting test
results. Tests should only be performed as authorized by the
Laboratory Director and that are within the individual's skill
level as determined by education, training or experience. Our
Clinical Laboratory Scientists get rotated on different benches,
which offers broad exposure.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the
- Independently performs moderate and highly complex clinical
tests and accurately enters results.
- Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their
usefulness; monitors and maintains supply.
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to
releasing patient reports.
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing.
- Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures
and notifies Supervisor as needed.
- Instructs new employees on proper procedures and provides
on-going technical guidance to laboratory assistants.
- Maintains professional growth through continuing
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or
calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining
- Follow all laboratory policies and procedures including, but
not limited to, general processes, safety and quality.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Life Science (Biology,
Chemistry, etc.) or in Medical Technology from an Accredited
College or University
- California State MTA generalist License
- 1-2 years of experience
- 2 plus years of experience as a clinical laboratory
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: BioReference Laboratories, Burbank , Clinical Laboratory Scientist (FT, 40 Hours) SAT-WED 11am-7:30pm, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!