Lead Data Ops Specialist
Company: Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Company: Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides technology
solutions to the entertainment industry. We are responsible for
helping Hollywood Studios and content owners to get their content
to global audiences by providing all language services including
scripting, subtitling, access services and dubbing. Our products
and services span the digital spectrum, from enhanced extras
packages promoting digital purchase to physical disc authoring. Our
clients include major Hollywood studios and dozens of independent
studios. To date, we've delivered thousands of titles to iTunes,
Google, Netflix, Amazon, and others. We've created a large
percentage of iTunes Extras titles available on the App Store,
developed the specification of and delivered the first
Cross-Platform Extras titles, authored more than eight-thousand
DVDs, two-thousand Blu-rays, as well as award-winning tablet and
mobile apps. Experience start-up momentum with us and be part of
building innovative solutions to service our clients in the
entertainment industry with their media distribution needs. Join us
if you're passionate about entertainment, innovation, and customer
service excellence! Job Description: To support all lines of
business globally, we are seeking a Data I/O Supervisor who manages
the day-to-day activities across all facilities in the form of
physical media and electronic transmissions. Will work closely with
global Data I/O leads at all facilities to help load balance,
capacity plan, set priorities and ensure that all security
protocols are followed when dealing with sensitive material. In
addition, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of
the transmission methods and workflows used widely in the media
industry. You should have knowledge and experience with various
physical media formats including films, drives and tapes. You
should be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude and adapt
quickly in a fast-paced environment. You should be able to work as
part of a team that deal with changing priority and workloads.
- Oversee the incoming and outgoing traffic of electronically
transmitted data for the company globally including supporting all
workflows but with a primary objective of accomplishing the 'one
queue' and 'One Team' goal.
- Will schedule tasks accordingly to operators globally based on
priorities and business need.
- Utilize existing system tools to capacity plan to load balance
based on volume and capacity.
- Be a go-to contact for general Data I/O task troubleshooting
and complex problem solving.
- Suggest and assist to create automated workflows and processes
using in house automation, proprietary software, and third-party
- Will conduct general I/O training including drawing up how-to
articles and LMS courses.
- Facilitate the delivery of digital files via various file
transmissions means such as Aspera (P2P and Faspex), Signiant, FTP
as well as multiple client proprietary transmissions tools.
- Download files and post to various storage production networks/
servers in a timely manner.
- Escalate all issues as they come up if deadlines are in
jeopardy, especially for media assets that are associated with
sensitive, high-profile titles.
- Represent and uphold all departmental policies and procedures
and maintain an exceptional level of service for both external and
- Will promote an extreme customer service ethos in the Data I/O
- Will collaborate with the Global Data I/O team to achieve goals
- Follow internal as well as client specific security
- Create and update workflows and checklists according to
internal and client specifications.
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities
- Experience in transmissions related to the media industry and
- Experience in industry standard delivery and file transfer
mechanisms including Aspera P2P, Aspera Faspex, Signiant, Arkena,
- Experience in dealing with different types of physical media
formats including drives, tapes, disks as well as managing LTO
- Experience in dealing with storage solutions such as Quantum's
StorNext, Oracle's Diva or IBM
- Understanding of computer networks, including hardware,
protocols, and firewalls in a production environment;---Can
minimally assist Engineering with troubleshooting
- Proficient with Linux, Mac OS, Windows
- Ability to prioritize, manage orders and work well close to
deadlines whilst producing high quality work.---
- Problem solver with creative and innovative approach with
ability to think out of the box
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Excellent in multi-tasking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and
enthusiastic towards getting work done.
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or
techniques and take on new tasks
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is desirable
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a data
operations environment is preferred.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or
equivalent professional experience.
Keywords: Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC, Burbank , Lead Data Ops Specialist, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!