Company: Spire Animation Studios, Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionOur StudioAt Spire Studios we empower world-class
and diverse creative and technical talent from all mediums to
entertain global audiences through animated feature films with
heartfelt storytelling, captivating worlds, and inspiring
characters.Key to our vision is developing a real time enabled
pipeline that brings intimacy back to the animation process while
pushing the creative envelope. Our team has worked on many of the
earliest and most successful 3D animated films, and have
experienced firsthand the exponential increase in visual complexity
and crew sizes as narrative appetite and audience expectations have
grown. GPU accelerated rendering and game engines unlock new
workflows that can upend long held assumptions underpinning the
assembly line approach of legacy studios. The Job The FX Lead will
oversee and provide continuity for a team of FX artists who will be
designing and implementing a variety of FX elements ranging from
pyro simulations, vellum simulations, and fluid solves to rigid
body dynamics and other FX techniques. Come demonstrate your
passion for lighting while building a next-generation production
- Create stylized FX and elements to match the vision of the
- Create tools and workflows to streamline element
- Be hungry to create/research innovative FX methods to create
never before seen visuals.
- Lead an FX crew to deliver per the production's goals and
- Work collaboratively with creative leadership in a production
- Provide guidance and mentorship to FX Artists; support
technical questions of others.
- Assist with scripting and providing support and documentation
for tools created.
- Develop Houdini engine assets to assist with world building
- Work with a range of departments to achieve production
- Stay informed of current FX-related technologies and implement
- 6 + years experience in photo-real and/or stylized simulations
of natural phenomena, particle systems, procedural modeling,
procedural animation, hard and soft body dynamics, etc.
- Solid understanding of Houdini and VEX, HOM and Houdini
- Experience with high-end 3D software – Houdini required, Unreal
- Must have strong visual and technical skills.
- Experience writing scripts (hscript, Python) and/or programming
- Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Experience with Unreal/Niagara is a big plus.Compensation
- Competitive salary.
- "Go home" (finish work) at a decent time to hang out with your
family and friends.
Keywords: Spire Animation Studios, Inc., Burbank , FX Lead, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!