Senior Dialogue Coordinator
Company: PlayStation Global
Posted on: January 16, 2023
Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Dialogue Coordinator to
join our team!The Senior Dialogue Coordinator is responsible for
many aspects associated with dialogue for games, including dialogue
recording, editorial and mastering, ADR spotting and editorial,
asset management and implementation, dialogue mixing in
interactive, high level quality control of audio assets and
collaboration without reservation, This role works closely with the
Dialogue Manager, Dialogue Lead, Dialogue Coordinators, creative
director/s and production for all projects, and manages project
schedules with the project management team to make sure all
dialogue is delivered on time at a high quality.This position
requires you to have previous AAA games experience and be located
in the greater Los Angeles region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
- Technical involvement in wwise project structure and
- Aides lead in overseeing audio mix within wwise
- Apply studio and departmental standard processes of technical
audio workflows and systems
- Give and seek constructive creative feedback and suggestions
- Inspire partnerships and collaboration inside and outside the
- Creates Dialogue documentation and templates.
- Assists with final Dialogue mix, reviewing audio quality and
- Aids with localization pipeline and dialogue
- Assists with the mentoring and development of Dialogue
- Prepare and manage ADR materials needed for recording, edit
sessions, and select takes based on notes in ADR scripts.
- Provide assets and audio stems for the animation
- Provide QC of edited and mastered general, gameplay, and
in-game cinematic voice assets
- Ensure the overall quality and implementation of all voice
- Work with the sound editors to make sure assets are available
for animation tagging and scripting into the game
- Work with the programming department to help build and
implement tools and pipelines
- Work directly with the Dialogue Lead and Audio Director to make
sure the overall audio and performance aesthetic is
- Works alongside Dialogue Coordinators. PM and creative leads to
keep dialogue pipeline running smoothly and delivers all dialogue
on time, at a high quality.
- Record, edit, and build/design dialogue processing using
industry standard methods and tools
- Experience implementing dialogue into the game using
proprietary methods and tools
- Collaborate with the audio, narrative and creative teams to
adequately plan and implement upon aesthetic goals of the
- Collaborate with programmers and gameplay designers to develop
audio systems based on creative vision and gameplay needs
- Collaborate with other non-audio teams (designers, animators,
background artists, programmers, etc.) to achieve the highest
quality audio experience across each aspect of the game
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience: Five to eight years' experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in dialogue recording & editing, creation, mixing,
processing and/or implementation, or dialogue post in a AAA
production development studio, with at least 2 shipped AAA
- High degree of proficiency with any DAW (Pro Tools
- Strong understanding of digital audio theory and how it impacts
- Strong knowledge of ADR/Recording best practices
- Strong dialogue editorial experience
- Proficient in use of Izotope RX or similar
- Strong understanding of dialogue mastering
- Proficient with Wwise and audio plug-ins related to dialogue
normalization and effect processing.
- Knowledgeable with both PC and Mac-based operating
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Jira or other tracking software
- Experienced in dialogue database structuring, metadata and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a
large team environment.
- Studio recording experience and voice-over direction a
- Thorough understanding of audio compression technologies and
surround sound formats.
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume, cover letter,
and reel/portfolio to be considered. We look forward to reviewing
Keywords: PlayStation Global, Burbank , Senior Dialogue Coordinator, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!