Licensing Product Development Specialist
Company: Sega of America, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Must be able to commute to Burbank, CA on a hybrid work model in
January 2023 (Tues/Wed office days, subject to change).
SEGA. . . What do you think of when you hear that word? Do you
think of the console with the iconic, harmonized voice fire ups or
do you think of the countless gaming hits from Sonic the Hedgehog,
Golden Axe, or the Persona series? . . .
When we think of SEGA, we think of its evolution as a pioneer in
the video game market to one of the most prominent video game
developers and publishers ever! Globally, SEGA has over 5,000
employees passionately working to bring the best gaming
entertainment to players around the planet. We have one of, if not
the richest, portfolio of original IPs something we are very proud
of and excited about as the market continues to change.
New streaming technologies and shifts in the retail landscape are
well poised for what will be the most disruptive and innovative
time in our industry. Our IP strategy positions us well for this,
and we are enthusiastic about the future!
There's never been a more exciting time in the company's history to
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wanting to be a part of
some of the most exciting consumer products programs in
Entertainment, working on SEGA's iconic brands, including Sonic the
SEGA of America Licensing is searching for a Product Development
Specialist to the rapid growth of SEGA's Consumer Products
business. This candidate will be primarily responsible for product
development in Publishing and will aid in Hardlines and Small
Accessories. The role will also support various categories for the
upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog 3 movie, as well as other SEGA IP. The
ideal individual will have product development experience in
Consumer Products, preferably in publishing and would have a desire
to learn more about and grow within the licensing business. This
person would be adept at multi-tasking and comfortable with
shifting dates and priorities. Should be an organized and flexible
problem solver who takes ownership and responsibility of tasks and
can act independently or as part of a team as required by the
circumstance. Must possess the ability to work well with all levels
of internal teams including Marketing, Mobile, Animation,
Management, international teammates and outside business partners.
Should also be able to manage a wide variety of activities and
confidential matters with discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Execute day-to-day tasks with licensees and internal teams
related to product development of assigned partners and categories.
Will also handle ad hoc projects as delegated by supervisor
* Ensure timely approval of products by working closely with
internal and external partners to manage product development
processes from concept to production for assigned licensees
* Liaise with Licensing business managers to ensure product
assortment is aligned with granted rights and category strategy for
* Utilize, update, and maintain applicable tools in Dependable
Solutions including resolving unknown SKU issues.
* Initiate and track status of sample requests.
* Review of prototypes to meet Product Development timeline
milestones with a focus on product execution, consistency of
details and brand guidelines.
* Work with licensing translator and communicate with the approval
contacts in US and Japan.
* Conduct product development kick-off calls with assigned new
* Manage and distribute product samples to internal teams and
manage internal product requests
* Work with internal partners in Creative, Marketing/Brand,
Production and our International licensing teams to help execute
cross functional synergy and collaboration.
* Manage digital copies of publishing products and assets for
record on internal servers.
* Maintain and organize content library with new assets and
distribute to external partners
Qualifications & Requirements
* Have a passion for Gaming and Entertainment
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
* 3+ years of experience in product development approval and brand
* Basic comprehension of product development cycle from concept to
* Excellent relationship builder with collaborative team player
* Clear written and oral communication skills
* Team player and collaborator
* Resourceful, takes initiative and self-starter
* Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational
* Ability to operate autonomously & efficiently in a fast-paced,
* Limited travel required (annual trade shows, etc)
* Familiar with online asset management systems
* Applicable experience in entertainment licensing specifically
* General understanding of character licensing
* Experience in publishing product development a plus
Keywords: Sega of America, Inc., Burbank , Licensing Product Development Specialist, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!