Data I/O Specialist
Company: Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC
Posted on: January 25, 2023
To support our various departments including Digital Cinema,
Localization, Digital Mastering etc, we are seeking a Data
Specialist who can fulfill the responsibility of handling
day-to-day data entering or leaving the facility in the form of
physical media or electronic transmission, and ensure that all
security protocols are followed when dealing with sensitive
material. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a good
understanding of the transmission methods and workflows used widely
in the media industry. You should have knowledge and experience
with various physical media formats including films, drives and
tapes. You should be highly motivated, possess a flexible attitude
and adapt quickly in a fast pace environment. Be able to work as
part of a team that deal with changing priority and
workloads.Shifts Available: Monday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 7:00
- Facilitate communication between Data IO and all other
departments in order to schedule and resolve issues within a
fast-paced, dynamic workflows.
- Continuously monitor progress of multiple projects in order to
use resources such as time and storage space efficiently.
- Facilitate the delivery of digital files via various file
transmissions means such as Aspera (P2P and Faspex), Signiant, FTP
as well as multiple client proprietary transmissions tools.
- Download digital files and post to various storage production
networks/ servers in a timely manner.
- Log digital assets as they come in and notify the recipients as
soon as possible.
- Run verification tools, such as Verifier ++, MD5 checksums to
validate file integrity and reconciliation of delivered files.
- Create proxies through proxy creation tools and hot
- Barcode and log physical assets as they come and notify
recipients as soon as possible.
- Properly scan and check-out physical assets to secure and
approved production environments for tracking purposes.
- Create shippers and ship physical assets by coordinating with
local couriers or freight companies
- Restore digital files from LTO and post to production
- Archive digital files to LTO for internal and client
- Mount and load digital files to external hard drives.
- Manipulate files including renaming, renumbering and update
metadata information when requested.
- Proactively coordinate with key production stakeholders to
manage disk space within SAN and various production servers so
minimize delays for incoming files.
- Maintain DATA IO / Packaging Manual used to communicate summary
of platform specifications to other operators.
- Update status of the disposition of assets in multiple work
order-based asset management systems, including manually updating
metadata, workability, in-progress and completion of tasks.
- Address lag issues as they come up or discrepancies in media
files when received to expedite possible re-delivery and to
- Escalate all issues as they come up if deadlines are in
jeopardy, especially for media assets that are associated with
sensitive, high profile titles.
- Ability to trouble shoot and come up with innovative ideas for
- Represent and uphold all departmental policies and procedures
and maintain an exceptional level of service for both external and
- Flexible and is willing to work long hours.
- Works well in a team setting.
- Strong and effective communicator with positive attitude.
- Experienced Data Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and shift attention as needed
- Ability to identify and communicate issues and resolve
- Internal and External customer communications
- Communication requirements with Client Representatives and
coordinate with On-boarding to ensure successful deliveries
- Understand, process and initiate escalation processes
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
including command line.
- Background or training in IT, post production workflows and new
- Advanced knowledge of file and data formats.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, software and
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages.
- Analytical and technical skills.
- Experience in industry standard delivery and file transfer
mechanisms including Aspera P2P, Aspera Faspex, Signiant, Arkena,
- Experience in dealing with different types of physical media
formats including drives, tapes, disks as well as managing LTO
- Experience in MAC OS, Windows and Linux.
- Experience in dealing with storage solutions such as Quantum's
StorNext, Oracle's Diva or IBM.
- Understanding of computer networks, including hardware,
protocols and firewalls in a production environment a plus.
- Understanding of media including metadata, formats and codec
etc. Understanding of XML format is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, manage orders and work well close to
deadlines whilst producing high quality work.
- Passionate about quality, customer experience and customer
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent in multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative however also be a good team
- A positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and
enthusiastic towards getting work done.
- Ability and willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or
techniques and take on new tasks.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Works Autonomously without supervision.
- Works well under pressure.
- Works well in a team setting.
- Willingness to take on new work.
- Conflict Resolution.
- Innovative Ideas for Improving the Process.Experience:
- Minimum one (2) to two (3) years of experience in a data
operations environment is preferred. Education:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University or
equivalent professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science a plus.
Keywords: Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC, Burbank , Data I/O Specialist, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!