Supervisor, Central Support (IT Help Desk)
Company: Information Technology Partners
Posted on: September 14, 2023
If you are passionate about working in an IT Engineering company
that uses cutting-edge technology, is team-focused, and values
employees, please apply for immediate consideration!
Information Technology Partners, Inc. (ITP) founded in 1991, is an
information technology design and support firm specializing in
contemporary network and client computing technologies. ITP
provides hardware, software, backup services, customized solutions,
security software and technical support to its partners, providing
services to its clients located throughout the United States and
Why Should You Apply?
- Market competitive pay
- Opportunity for growth and continued learning
- IT Engineering based company
- Team-focused working environment.
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental,
vision, life, disability insurance, 401k, paid holidays (including
your birthday!), sick, and vacation. Job Description
Employees are required to work onsite.
1st Shift, Monday through Friday.
Occasional travel required up to 5%, including driving.
The Supervisor, Central Support will have 3-5 years of working
experience in information technology systems / network engineering
and three years supervising technical teams.
As a member of the Operations Center, the Supervisor, Central
Support will work with their manager and team to secure, monitor,
and protect all aspects of technology infrastructure in enterprise
IT environments. The Supervisor, Central Support should have at
least level two experience with systems and/or network engineering.
They shall ensure that subordinates work schedules are properly
staffed so as to meet contractual requirements of customer service
with company Partners.
The Supervisor, Central Support will be a vigilant problem solver
with a strong desire to learn new skills, a strong attention to
detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Because this is a client-facing role, a high degree of
professionalism, strong customer service skills, and expert
communication skillsboth verbal and writtenare required. The
Supervisor, Central Support should proactively collaborate with
their manager and team at staying up to date with trends, threats,
updates, and news.
1. The Supervisor, Central Support is responsible for facilitating
the effective and efficient scheduling of our Help Desk technical
staff. Collaborating with all of our staff members in some form
will be required to align the central support work requests with
the capability and availability of our technical resources.
2. The Supervisor, Central Support is responsible for understanding
the requests for technical resources to meet our contractual
obligations and aligning our technical staff to meet the timing and
skill requirements necessary to complete the work in a high quality
manner. The Help Desk is a 24/7/365 operation and requires
understanding the timing of when projects or tasks needs to
complete. Ensuring full-time coverage for client assistance,
including overnight and weekend shifts, will be a top priority.
This will include having backup plans for occasions when employees
call in sick or have scheduled time off.
3. Create plans and provide hands-on support during emergencies,
outages, and service transitions.
4. Supervise on-site Help Desk staff in regards to administrative
functions such as: attendance, punctuality, work rules,
administrative processes/procedures (as required by the department,
Accounting or Human Resources) and behavioral expectations.
5. Supervise Help Desk engineering staff by participating in
hiring, mentoring, training, performance management, discipline,
6. Supervise help desk process and staff for smooth, responsive
7. Assist Accounting in determination of hours worked and billable
8. Ensure and Update detailed inventory and configuration
9. Ensure system backups are completed. Update and monitor reports
10. Ensure operational compliance with system security policies and
procedures; backup and recovery procedures; system maintenance
11. Monitor alerts and ensure appropriate response.
12. Facilitate all system upgrades; ensuring operational
preparedness once installed.
13. Monitor infrastructure and server performance; remediate
14. Remotely troubleshoot technology infrastructure problems and
support remote systems.
15. Manage and Support VMware ESXi environment, supporting all
configuration changes and updates.
- Bachelors or Associate's degree preferred.
- 5 years experience in IT Engineering (Systems or Network).
- 3 years experience in a supervisory role over IT
- 3 years experience in VMWare ESXi environment.
- Knowledge of supporting and configuration with VMWare 6.x in
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting remote systems and
working with technical and non-technical users.
- Understanding of Microsoft Server 2012/2016 R2, Active
Directory, Microsoft 365, Windows 10, and mobile operating
- Ability to remotely troubleshoot technology infrastructure
problems and lead to resolution.
- Proactive problem solving, vigilant, strong attention to
detail, strong customer service, leadership, excellent written and
verbal communications skills. High degree of professionalism,
organized, strong multi-tasker, willing to learn new skills
Please include your salary expectation when applying.
Principals only. No agencies.
We do not offer H1B Visa sponsorship
The pay is based on the local market and on the skills that the
individual brings to the opportunity as a Supervisor, Central
Support (IT Help Desk). Generally in the $95k-$105k range DOE.
ITP offers Equal Employment Opportunity to all qualified
applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, disability, genetic, or any other status protected by
federal, state, or local laws
Keywords: Information Technology Partners, Burbank , Supervisor, Central Support (IT Help Desk), Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!