On call Analog Press Operator
Company: The Imagine Group
Posted on: November 17, 2023
DescriptionAt Imagine we go beyond print to help our clients
deliver game-changing visual communications from concept to
delivery that set the standard for our industry. The first step in
this process is hiring great employees! Our innovative teams are
the most committed, highly experienced artisans in the business. We
are committed to delivering high-quality marketing solutions, in
every environment and campaign, helping our clients capture the
heart, minds, and loyalty of their customers. For more than 30
years, The Imagine Group has established itself as one of the most
influential and innovative visual communications companies in the
industry. Join us and let's Imagine a better way together.
Midnight Oil (moagency.com), strategically located in "the heart of
Hollywood" in Burbank, CA, is an extraordinary creative, and
specialty print production partner to the majority of theatrical
and streaming studios, with relationships often measured in terms
of decades, not years. We uniquely and conveniently combine our
Studio and Print Production capabilities all under one roof in our
120,000 square feet facility, with an Amtrak stop and the Burbank
Airport directly across the street. However, our "secret sauce" is
simply our people ... we have the best, most passionate, most
capable team of 125 motivated employees who always delivers
exceptional solutions to our clients as we aren't satisfied being
anything short of the best. Generally speaking, we shape creative
ideas by making them better and bringing them to life in virtually
any media format, on-time, and to the highest standards of quality.
And, we do things the right way as our culture of mutual respect,
transparency, collaboration, and a strong commitment to diversity
and inclusion makes MO a great place to work.
Position Summary: The Press Operator performs machine operator
tasks in the set-up, maintenance and operation of an offset
Work Location: At our Burbank, CA office.
Shift: On-call basis.
Pay Rate: $25-$32/hourly
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Read instructions from job jacket and sets up or directs set-up
of press based on instructions.
- Make job ready by running samples to adjust print quality,
registration, color settings and mixings.
- Make final pre-run inspection of job and approves of confers
with supervisor for approval. Responsible for quality of printed
work with defined levels of authority.
- Monitor quality throughout entire run-color, registration,
scumming, marking, etc.
- Provide complete and accurate information at shift
- Operate or direct operation of printing press to print in
accordance with job orders.
- Monitor pH and conductivity of fountain solution on offset
- Supervise press helper on multi-color press.
- Perform preventative maintenance on press such as lubrication,
replacement of small parts, cleaning and minor adjustments to
rollers and other small moving parts.
- Maintain and read Safety Data Sheets (SDS). Sees to proper
handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
- Operate or assist on other pressroom equipment and presses
(litho) if needed and when workload permits.
- Assist in cleaning up and keeping immediate work area neat and
- Communicate with customers and clients in a professional and
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Learn and comply with company and pressroom Standard Operating
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years' work experience on the same or functionally similar
- Understands densitometers and spectrophotometers.
- Basic G7 practices.
- Understands and complies with Lean Manufacturing.
- Requires good knowledge of how to mix and produce correct color
- Strong knowledge of applicability of various jobs to
- Ability to read and understand oral/written instructions and
set up press to carry out instructions.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and
- Thorough knowledge of problem-solving on press.
- Thorough knowledge of press operations and functions.
- Strong understanding of prepress functions.
- Reliability through attendance, punctuality and attention to
- Demonstrate positive safety attitude.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to visually inspect all work for defects and
- Frequent reaching, bending, climbing, kneeling, crouching, and
- Manual dexterity for repetitive work.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Chemicals: Yes
- Travel: N/A
Imagine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. Diversity and Inclusion are not just a checked box, it is a
critical part of our commitment to deliver innovative solutions to
our clients and provide a great place to work for our entire
Imagine family. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive
workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100%
of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to
Keywords: The Imagine Group, Burbank , On call Analog Press Operator, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!