Company: Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Posted on: September 9, 2019
Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking a Painter/Sprayer on 2nd
shift in Burbank, CA.
The Painter - Sprayer prepares surfaces of parts for painting.
Preparation may include: removing old paint using paint removers,
scrapers or wire brushes. The painter then spray paints surfaces
and masks and primes surfaces as necessary. The painter may also
choose the paint depending on the part.
- Preparation, painting and detailing of aircraft and authorize
labor for assigned personnel
- Manage workflow to ensure that customer outdates are met
- Responsible for providing status of parts completed
- Coordinates with Inspection to ensure compliance with internal
and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications
- Assist Paint Operations with the planning and coordinating of
activities during preparation, painting, and detailing of customer
aircraft parts to ensure that the work is completed in accordance
with quality standards, company operating procedures and parts,
schedules a continuous safety/security program, which includes
operation of paint equipment, general housekeeping and monitor
using 5S guidelines
- Work with the Hazardous Material Operations to ensure proper
and safe handling of hazardous wastes
- Responsible for hazardous waste documentation (i.e. paint,
chemical tracking and filter documentation requirements)
- Any other task assigned by your supervisor or management
- At least 3 years' experience in aircraft paint processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of paint products and processes, and
proficiency in all aircraft tasks; Ability to read and interpret
- Accurate color vision, near vision, and depth perception and
other vision capabilities required; Manipulative skills, including
finger and manual dexterity; Adept hand-eye coordination and
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing
- Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety
equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses,
gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and any other
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Flexible and willing to work overtime if necessary
Lifting (in pounds): up to 30 pounds
Pushing (in pounds): up to 30 pounds
Mental/Visual: Use of paint spray gun
Workspace (line, cube, etc): Paint booth and work bench
Employment Eligibility Requirement :
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa
sponsorship to be eligible. Because we contract with the US
Department of Defense we are bound by International Traffic in Arms
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and
components to the aerospace and defense markets. You'll find Crane
Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from
engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and
from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world class
processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize
manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our
products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability
and overall value.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and
outstanding opportunities for career growth and development.
In our efforts to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace, Crane
Aerospace & Electronics requires that candidates complete a
satisfactory background check and pass a drug screen prior to
employment. FAA sensitive positions require employees to
participate in a random drug test pool.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex,
national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity characteristics or expression, physical or mental
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, or
U.S. military or veteran status or any other characteristic
protected under federal, state, or applicable local law, in
recruiting, hiring, training and promoting.
Keywords: Crane Aerospace & Electronics, Burbank , Painter/Sprayer, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!