Buyer II- Aerospace
Company: Crane Aerospace & Electronics
Posted on: September 9, 2019
Crane Aerospace & Electronics has a unique and exciting career
opportunity for a Buyer II at our Burbank, CA location.
The Buyer is a subject matter expert in materials planning and is
responsible for managing all aspects of purchasing components from
suppliers in order to assure timely delivery of parts to support
production needs. In addition, the Buyer is the communication and
logistical link between Value Streams, Supervisors, Marketing,
Master Scheduling, and Purchasing.
- Perform material requirements planning through high
interaction/coordination with manufacturing personnel and external
suppliers to support the Value Stream
- Entering purchase orders for Cabin Systems parts and following
up on open PO's with vendors
- Communicate priorities and schedule changes to Outside
Processing Suppliers on a daily basis to support changes in
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with
suppliers; Communicate common supplier problems with Leadership,
Procurement Specialists and other Buyers
- Act as a lead in the Value Stream and as a liaison between the
Value Stream and the Buyer Supervisor
- Partner with the Value Stream to drive supply chain goals
through the value stream roadmap
- Share best practices across the group and willingly take on
- Own and drive an inventory action plan to maintain proper
inventory levels and achieve turns goals of key production
- Train and facilitate the upgrade to a pull-based replenishment
system (Kanban) to improve inventory turns and eliminate part
- Monitor supplier orders to assure they are shipped on a timely
basis to support the Value Stream
- Improve supplier fill rates, quality, and lead times to fit
product mix and needs
- Use Kaizen to continuously improve lead-times, smooth material
flow and improve organizational efficiency
- Obtain quotes from suppliers for production material and
Outside Processing operations
- Negotiate blanket purchase orders and pursues cost reduction
initiatives that eliminate adverse Purchase Price Index (PPI)
- Interact with sourcing teams to ensure best practices and
greatest leverage in procurement, low cost region sourcing,
supplier assessment & management
- Publish daily shortage report to communicate current delivery
information from suppliers
- Resolve invoice discrepancies on a timely basis
- Manage supplier quality through the Non-Conforming Report (NCR)
Process; Minimize production impact by ensuring discrepant
materials are addressed with Manufacturing Engineering, Procurement
Quality, Supervisors and Suppliers
- Work closely with suppliers and Procurement Quality Engineers
to resolve Corrective Action Requests (CARs) generated from
- Obtain Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA), and processes
return transactions in Oracle (ERP System); Follow Debit Memo
process for supplier rework of discrepant material
- 3+ years of experience buying in a similar industry or
demonstrated equivalent knowledge of supply chain function through
work experience or school
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process used in the
operating unit of assignment.
- Working knowledge of buying, and ordering procedures.
- Working knowledge of production planning, material requirements
planning and Kanban systems.
- Working knowledge of computer systems that support production,
e.g., inventory control, purchasing, production scheduling and
Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Requires well-developed skill in communicating with others.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word and ability to work with Access
- Ability to coordinate materials and production schedules with
multiple teams, solve urgent problems associated with the
manufacture of products and document and communicate production
outcomes and trends.
- Ability to perform math and logic computations requiring
sequencing of times, critical incidents, and numeric
- Ability to negotiate changes with vendors and manufacturing
- BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Materials-related
- CPM and/or CPIM certification is desirable.
- Must be a US Person under International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) to be eligible.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and
outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit
our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company,
benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
disability, military status, or national origin or any other
characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local
Keywords: Crane Aerospace & Electronics, Burbank , Buyer II- Aerospace, Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!