Radiological Technologist (Float)
Company: UCLA HEALTH
Posted on: September 12, 2019
supervision of the General Diagnostic Manager and Medical Director,
technologist will produce diagnostic images utilizing a variety of
equipment. . Fixed radiographic, fluoroscopic, and mobile
equipment following prescribed protocols and procedures.
radiographic procedures on neonates, infants, children, adults, and
patients. Complete all studies in a timely and efficient manner.
images utilizing Digital Computed Radiography, laser printers,
and process as prescribed standards .
Duties include patient education prior to
the examination; preparation of needed supplies and equipment set
up; assist in
performing sterile technique procedures as required; follow
assurance procedures; maintain patient dignity and confidentiality;
Radiologist as needed; perform related duties as requested.
Radiologic technologists are expected to
rotate within UCLA Healthcare radiology
locations. Radiologic Technologists
need to possess the skills, knowledge and abilities essential to
performance of duties assigned to the position; graduate of a
Technology Training Program approved by the American Medical
equivalent training, maintaining current CRT, CRT Fluoro and ARRT
TYPE OF SUPERVISION
Under general directions, independently perform
assigned job duties or general staff duties. Further directions can
be obtained from the Department and Hospital
policy and procedures manuals as well as Medical Director, Chief
Officer or Chair of the Department.Qualifications
- Ability to accept and carry out oral and written instructions
- Skill in performing all daily tasks independently, while
working as part of a team, within a demanding environment.
- Ability to promote team ownership of a project and avoid
- Ability to prioritize work, handling multiple tasks to
completion, within the time allotted.
- Excellent interpersonal skills effectively and diplomatically
with patients, visitors, hospital staff, physicians, and other
outside offices both in person and over the phone.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with
persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly in English, using
appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Skill in reading documents written in standard English,
including (but not limited to) requisitions, medical, documents,
and policy and procedure manuals technical and operator equipment
- Knowledge of medical terminology, with ability to distinguish
between- types of procedures within the assigned department(s) and
- Telephone manners and skills to handle heavy telephone lines
with courtesy and tact.
- Excellent skill in performing under the stress of frequent
interruptions and/or distractions.
- Ability to respond efficiently to expressed needs of referring
services, physicians and patients.
- Ability to be courteous, professional and diplomatic in any
given situation, particularly with patients who are anxious and
- Ability to be flexible with working hours given adequate
- Demonstrate consistent professional appearance.
- Skill in employing independent decision making while performing
various job functions.
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Understand the requirements of the EMTALA (Emergency Medical
Treatment and Active Labor Act).
- Ability to identify and recognize contraindications for
- Ability to adapt to advancement and changing technology.
- Ability to show attention to detail, accuracy and
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working
relationships with all levels of staff.
- Basic typing skills to input various data into RIS and HIS
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical billing (IDX codes) to ensure
appropriate accounting and reimbursement of services rendered.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
Keywords: UCLA HEALTH, Burbank , Radiological Technologist (Float), Other , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!