Assistant Production Manager- Animation
Company: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Company OverviewWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment
company that creates and distributes premium and popular content
from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to
global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO
Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New
Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and
others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than
90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises.
Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of
disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative
people to join our team.Business Unit OverviewWarner Bros.
Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the
entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster
boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and
artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of
animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated
projects in current production and development for multiple
platforms - including TV, digital and home entertainment - both
domestically and internationally.Opportunity OverviewThe JobWarner
Bros Animation Inc. seeks an Assistant Production Manager for the
WBA Main Production department. Position will be responsible for
monitoring and tracking artwork and approvals on a daily basis, and
reports progress to Production Manager/Associate Producer.
Organizes all pre-production artwork for shipping to overseas
- Completes script and storyboard breakdowns for models, props
and background designs. Allocates design work to artists and
follows through to completion. Assigns appropriate due dates based
on established production schedule.
- Coordinates and tracks the progress of assigned artwork and
flags potential problems and delays for the Production Team.
Organizes and maintains systems for monitoring production flow of
assigned artwork: sets up files, keeps a log of start/complete
dates of assignments, labels materials, etc.
- Color models - responsible for supplying color stylists with
model packs and updating those packs immediately when changes or
additions are made.
- Coordinates the preparation of pre-production materials for
shipping: tracks Director and Producer and approvals.
- Scans all artwork and uploads assets into Shotgun.
- Prepares a status report weekly for the pre-production
- Labels and adds copyright, scene number and description to all
- Assists in file delivery to and from story teams and editorial.
Conforms boards as necessary in preparation for shipping.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.The Essentials
- Trade school degree or certification; Bachelor's degree in
related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4 years previous work experience in Animation production or
equivalent production experience.
- Strong knowledge of Animation workflow processes.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker
- Computer skills preferred: Photoshop, Toon Boom, Adobe
- Must have ability to adapt to changing software
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
with production team including Producers, Directors and artists via
written and verbally.
- Must have the ability to organize, schedule, and delegate work
- Must be pro-active and be an effective problem solver.
- Must have ability to lead with a positive attitude and
- Ability to manage time and balance priorities amid the
pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.This is not a posting
for an open role but rather to proactively identify candidates for
future openings. If you wish to join our talent network, please
submit your resume to this posting. A recruiter will contact you to
discuss your qualifications and interest in WarnerMedia if
qualified.Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and
genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military
status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by
law.Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity
employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected
veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Keywords: Warner Bros. Entertainment Group, Burbank , Assistant Production Manager- Animation, Professions , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!