Company: Jam City Inc
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Game Design and Development - Quality Assurance / As a leading
mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to "level up" our
talent. We're on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves
dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.--
PERKS & BENEFITS Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays 100%
Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan Life
Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits &
More Yoga & Wellness Activities Happy Hours Company Events Jam City
is seeking a QA Analyst to join our studio in Burbank on a
temporary assignment to help test the hit mobile game: Disney Emoji
Blitz! The QA Analyst will test all aspects of the game and provide
support to the development team including writing bug reports and
test cases as well as providing any assistance to the development
team so that bugs can be fixed in an efficient and timely manner.
The QA Analyst should be well-versed in all standard QA
methodologies, and demonstrate a willingness to remain flexible and
adaptable in a fast-paced environment that is required in a game
with live operations. RESPONISBILITIES
- Write and review test cases that are a part of a larger test
plan, then execute those test cases against development and live
builds to ensure all aspects of the product meet the highest
- Create highly detailed bug reports in our bug tracking
database, JIRA, keeping track of bugs from creation to
- Regularly communicate the status of both QA builds and Release
Candidate builds to the team.
- Perform thorough regression testing to verify whether a bug has
been fixed and to ensure bug fixes have not adversely affected
other areas of the product.
- Create and evaluate documentation to properly test specific
areas of the game.
- Utilize third-party tools to assist with testing (Charles
Proxy, TestRail, etc.)
- Follow priorities set by leads, but also take initiative to
spot potential high-risk situations and alert the team.
- Assist the development team with a variety of tasks, including
but not limited to: customer service reports, screenshot or video
capture, and general troubleshooting.
- Be a champion of the player experience, while understanding the
guidelines and specifications set forth by the team. QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience testing mobile games and familiarity with general
game development processes.
- Familiarity with standard QA methodologies and procedures.
- Experience with JIRA or other bug tracking databases.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly detail oriented with an analytical mind.
- Able to work effectively in both a team setting and solo with
- Willingness to work with remote teams in different time
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a constantly changing
environment due to the complexity and fast-paced nature of a game
with live operations.
- Knowledge of the most popular iOS and Android devices on the
market. NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Unity or any other game engine.
- Passion for the video game industry.
- Passion for Disney/Pixar/Star Wars. OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY,
DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION We believe in creating games that unite
people across the world and that showcase our commitment to
providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our
players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is
reflective of our global player community as we know that we are
stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an
inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity
of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource
Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.-- Jam
City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept
our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to
race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry,
religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status,
disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to
genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military
status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other
classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our
management is committed to following this policy with respect to
hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff,
termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation,
training, and general treatment during employment. ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing
unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global
audience. The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood,
having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around
iconic entertainment brands. The company's popular RPG game Harry
Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries
at its launch in April 2018. Jam City has nine studios located in
Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogot--, Burbank, Cedar
Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Keywords: Jam City Inc, Burbank , QA Analyst, Professions , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!