Freight Processing Lead
Company: Big Lots Stores Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Primarily responsible for leading the freight team and provides
leadership, planning, and direction during sales floor
merchandising preparation, truck unload, stocking, ticketing, and
backroom organization processes in the store. Works side by side
with the freight team, but maintains accountability for truck
unload, freight-processing, merchandising metrics, and presentation
standards in the store. When serving as Manager on Duty, leads and
provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering,
customer service, recovery and furniture-related activities on the
sales floor. Occasionally required to run a cash register, perform
customer service on the sales floor, or assist with recovery as
needed. Works collaboratively with store leadership to accomplish
store merchandising goals and tasks to help drive overall store
1. Plans and leads preparation for new merchandise on the sales
floor, truck unload, freight flow, display assembly, ticketing, and
stocking tasks for the freight team.
2. Provides clear work direction, training, and coaching to freight
team members regarding freight flow process and furniture
3. Analyzes and evaluates staffing and scheduling needs for all
freight flow processes based on projected carton counts and payroll
allocation on a weekly basis.
4. Tracks, calculates, and reports freight productivity metrics
within the store on a weekly basis.
5. Provides feedback to store leadership regarding the team's
performance and ability to meet freight metrics.
6. Responsible for stockroom organization and cleanliness,
including back stock control.
7. Prepares for upcoming merchandising efforts and reconciles all
inventory transactions, in conjunction with store merchandising
8. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed including opening
and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides
leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that
store, merchandising, and customer service standards are
continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage,
recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and
ensures resolution of customer issues.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum two years retail management experience preferred.
3. Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and interpersonal
4. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off
store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long
periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual
5. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 30 hours
per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
6. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws. Apply
Keywords: Big Lots Stores Inc., Burbank , Freight Processing Lead, Professions , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!