Anesthesia Technician - Hiring Immediately
Company: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Posted on: May 1, 2021
The Anesthesia Technician will report to the Director of
Perioperative Services and work under the supervision of the
Surgery Charge Nurse and the Anesthesiologist/CRNA. He/she will be
responsible for preparing equipment and supplies needed for the
provision of anesthesia care service as required by all patients
undergoing surgery and/ or other procedure. The Anesthesia
technician will order and maintain supplies, clean/sterilize
equipment to make sure it is functioning properly. He/she will
assist the Anesthesiologist/CRNA to insure optimum safety and
quality patient care. This position requires the full understanding
and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther
King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will
demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee
shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's
strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and
performance improvement process activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in all
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with
physicians, peers, and management.
- Communicates all necessary information to the Charge Nurse in a
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent /
emergent situations per protocols.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task efficiently
- Able to work under pressure and act calmly and effectively in a
busy or stressful situation.
- Follows all written policies and procedures of the
- Demonstrates knowledge and participates in providing high
quality, individualized patient/family centered care within the
Watson Model of Care including key elements of Caring, Competence,
Communication and Commitment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Associate's degree in anesthesia technology strongly
- Minimum one year experience as Anesthesia Technician in an
acute care hospital or a graduate of an accredited ASATT
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in
person, by phone and in writing.
- ASATT certification required
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Basic computer skills
Equal Rights Employer
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military
service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your
application for employment. Please click the link below to view the
E-verify or Right to Work information.
Keywords: Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, Burbank , Anesthesia Technician - Hiring Immediately, Professions , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!