Plumbing Purchasing Agent
Company: Muir-Chase Plumbing Co., Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Job Title: PURCHASING AGENT Position Summary: The Purchasing
Agent (PA) at Muir Chase Plumbing is responsible for the smooth and
accurate procurement of Plumbing Parts, Materials and Equipment as
necessary to ensure the project management team has what they need
to meet project schedules. You will be responsible for developing
strong relationships with multiple suppliers while evaluating their
prices, quality, availability, promptness, quality of good, timely
delivery. You will collaborate on a regular basis with the Project
Management Team, Warehouse Team & Field Staff to ensure a thorough
understanding of each Projects needs and ensure orders are executed
and fulfilled to the highest caliber. Muir Chase executes large
volumes of small, medium and large size projects in the commercial
plumbing field throughout the year which requires highly motivated,
proactive, technically experienced and extremely organized
individuals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Regularly and consistently gathering updated quotes
- Use profitable purchasing and negotiating strategies with
Vendors to receive best pricing
- Asses supplier profiles and analyze offers
- Writing & Issuing Purchase orders
- Logging and tracking all purchases made
- Ensuring prompt follow-up on any and all back orders
- Communicate and track all shipment discrepancies.
- Collaborating with project team to ensure all question are
answered as to avoid delays
- Cross check items received with packing slip & PO
- Log and communicate receipt of items
- Provide status and location of items, when requested.
- Staying ahead of trend changes affecting both supply and demand
- Assist in shop inventory checks and purchasing
- Responsible for all purchasing document control and
- Quotes, Confirmations, Receipts, Records, Inventories.
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance and regular use of
foresight, checking on the front end to proactively mitigate
potential lead or availability issues.
- Assist project team in finding alternates when needed, due to
unavailability or discontinued items.
- Review/analyze invoices and check against POs & Quotes to
ensure proper Vendor invoicing prior to authorizing payment.
- Provide weekly updates to project management team on any and
all new info, concerns, or general news pertaining to Purchasing.
(ie. General info, job specific, item specific, vendor specific,
Seeking a professional with the following Skills, Knowledge,
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 or more years, experience in Purchasing in the Construction
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
with the ability to establish fruitful relationships.
- Experience using basic administrative/office equipment
(computer, printer, scanner, phone, etc)
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook (Required)
- Ability to prioritize and manage time in a fast-paced working
- Forward thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of construction terminology, codes, standards (a
- Experience in the plumbing trade (a plus)
Keywords: Muir-Chase Plumbing Co., Inc., Burbank , Plumbing Purchasing Agent, Professions , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!