Distribution Ops Mgr-Planning
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Department/Group Overview:Disney Media & Entertainment
Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company's best-in-class
product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one
global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management
and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales,
advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide
for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of
the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and
Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television
networks.DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and
innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by
driving the strategic development and use of technology, building
scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage
consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep
technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt
Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring
creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.The
Current Servicing team is responsible for the Servicing, and
Localization of titles produced by Disney Channels, ABC Signature,
20th Television and FX Productions.Job Summary:
- Responsible for planning, validating, and publishing
localization and servicing schedules for Disney+, Hulu, Broadcast,
EST, SVOD, and other clients. Also responsible for negotiating and
providing status updates to key stakeholders.
- The Distribution Operations Manager is the liaison between
vendors, internal departments, and clients. Responsibilities
include managing localization and planning schedules, on time
performance, and weekly milestones monitoring. SLA's with vendors
as well as internal stakeholders.
- Must have Localization experience and know the in and outs of
dealing with dubbing studios and negotiating delivery
- Individual has in-depth knowledge and experience in own
specialty. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or
external business issues to improve products or services; acts as a
resource for colleagues with less experience. Role exhibits full
knowledge and expertise in the function/specialty.
- Is capable of solving complex problems; takes a new perspective
on existing solutions. Works independently while receiving minimal
guidance. Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple
sources of information.
- Requires conceptual and practical expertise in own specialty
and basic knowledge of related specialties. - Understanding of
digital content distribution concepts and technologies including
TVE, OTT, STB, VOD. Interest in emerging technology and platforms;
particularly streaming media services.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area
integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors
that differentiate them in the market.
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of multiple
high-profile projects/accounts projects with moderate resource
requirements, risk, and/or complexity. May lead team-wide projects.
Continuously looks for process improvement opportunities.
- Oversee applicable workflows, ensuring all plans have been
validated. Communicate plans and expectations across functional
teams for downstream workflow needs. Escalate delays to appropriate
teams, inclusive of contingency plan(s). Partner with other
stakeholders to ensure accurate readiness of validated schedules.
Documenting, troubleshooting, and escalating issues - ultimately
driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project, or service
activities within own team and other related teams; works within
broad guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information via executive
updates; works to build consensus. Presents roadblocks and works
with management to resolve critical resource conflicts. Interacts
with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex
information related to areas of specialization.
- The role will oversee the forecast and planning process of
episodic, feature, bonus, shorts, trailers, artwork, and/or
metadata to various digital platforms globally, including
- Key day-to-day tasks include extensive forecast and scheduling
management, communicating with customers, clients, & internal
business ops team, dealing with delays, establishing a process SLA
(Service Level Agreement), and managing performance metrics.
- Role where an employee may spend most of his/her career; top
level role in a progression unless specialized skills are acquired
or team leadership is applied.Required Education,
- 5 years post production, servicing and localization workflows,
asset management and client/vendor management experience.Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital Distribution
specifications, file and packaging formats, workflows, deliverables
and quality metrics.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to client requirements
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in digital media tools and
- Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
- Deep understanding on A/V technical formats including IMF, UHD,
HDR, Dolby-Vision, ATMOS and pro-res as well as localization
requirement for dub and sub assets internationally.
- Previous experience in working with and managing vendors.
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company, Burbank , Distribution Ops Mgr-Planning, Professions , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!