MBA Summer 2023 - Games Production
Company: Discovery, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce
that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros.
Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company
offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete
portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television,
film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's
best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers.
From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond,
join us as we step into the next chapter.
Your New Role...
The production intern for this production team during the summer of
2023 will have a number of responsibilities including competitive
analysis of similar products, documentation writing, extensive
gameplay & evaluation, Jira bug reviewing, marketing material
review, general production planning and execution, first party
operations assistance with meta-data gathering and editing, video
capture & editing, working knowledge of NextGen platform gameplay
to assist with help and other first party-related video features
and localization management support
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Champion the Player while Balancing the Business - Be the voice
of the player, but balance that with the business goals to drive
wins on both sides
- Closed Beta planning and execution - partner with the developer
and Product Management to set goals for a series of closed betas
for an upcoming F2P game
- Postmortem and Opportunity Analysis - perform post mortem
analysis on various features and activations showcased during
closed betas to identify best practice insights while diving into
our player data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Competitive Insights - stay on top of the competition by
supporting the team with competitive insights on new launches,
strategies, and tactics deployed that will help inform and shape
- Video capture & Editing
- Extensive Gameplay
- Attend meetings
- Assist with Localization execution
- Jira bug reviews
- Assist with marketing materials & metadata needs
Qualifications & Experience...
- Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment
will be required if selected for an internship)
- Must be a first year MBA candidate
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be Driven, Outgoing, & Communicative
- Experienced RPG Gamer
- Extensive knowledge of Harry Potter Lore
- Solid knowledge of PC/Mac, Microsoft Office, specifically
PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Highly organized and self-directed; able to keep on an assigned
track with minimal direction
- Strong presentation development skills (design and verbal)
- Solid knowledge of social media with clear understanding of
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic research methods and strategies
About the Internship Program...
- Our Summer 2023 program is a 11-12 Week Internship that will
run from Monday, June 5th through Friday, August 25th, 2023
- Full time-schedule (35-40 hours/week) required
- Company-issued computer or secured remote access provided for
the duration of the internship program
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive
salary. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the
necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is
- Application deadline: 01/09/2023
What We Offer...
- Mentorship from some of the industry's kindest and most
passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including executive speaker sessions,
professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and
former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading
professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What You Can Expect to Take Away from the Program...
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you
didn't know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what
happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence
to delve into your next adventure
Interviewing will take place from January through early February. A
Warner Bros. Discovery WBD team member will contact you if your
experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to
the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual
Keywords: Discovery, Inc., Burbank , MBA Summer 2023 - Games Production, Professions , Burbank, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!